Invercargill Central Baptist Church was established in 1877 and has a strong history of stable Christian witness in Invercargill and Southland.

The church was founded in 1862 following a newspaper advertisement seeking interest in forming a local Baptist church, however it wasn’t until 1877 that regular services commenced under Pastor William Green.

Over the years our church has grown substantially and we have been able to extend our support to the overseas community through missionary work. We have deployed a mission team to Botswana to build a church in the Klahari desert, sent Youth Mission teams to Vanuatu and Fiji and self-funded a mission trip to Malawai, Bangladesh, Papua New Guinea, Cambodia and Namibia.